Hello Kitty Macarons from Hello Kitty Cafe Truck.
These cute macarons, not macaroons, didn’t stand a chance!
We thought we could wait before eating them because they were just so cute. Nope! I took one look and then hurriedly took a couple of photos. Then that was it! We ate all the macarons. All 5 of them! I love Hello Kitty but I guess I love food more.
They were delicious! I admit that at the beginning I didn’t expect much on flavor because I considered this food more of a novelty (edible) item, rather than actual dessert. I was surprised when I took my first bite.
Chris and I were splitting each macaron so that both of us could try each flavor. So after my delightful first bite, I had to stop myself from eating the whole macaron before Chris could try it. Now, I’m not saying that they have the best macarons because that would be an exaggeration. To be honest, I haven’t eaten that many macarons in my life. However, I have had several macarons that were better than these cute pastries. The bottomline is they were good and I would surely have them again.
Chris and I were not sure of the macarons’ flavors. But here is a list of what we both believe to be the possible flavors:
- Red – Strawberry
- It tasted like strawberry. If we’re wrong, it could be cherry. But our final answer is strawberry.
- White – Vanilla
- I would really say that at first bite it tasted like vanilla. But this was the one that has the subtlest of flavors among the 5.
- Blue – Chocolate
- The filling tasted like chocolate. It was really delicious. I would want to eat another one of these.
- Orange – Pineapple
- It’s a little bit tarty. It tasted familiar. But the sourness made us lean towards pineapple. The second choice was mango, then orange was the very last of our guess. But we both agreed with pineapple.
- Green – Green Tea (Matcha) or Pistachio
- At first bite I thought it was green tea (matcha) but a few more small bites and it tasted a bit nutty. That’s why we thought that maybe this is pistachio and not green tea.
My favorites are:
- Based on flavor: Blue and Green Macarons — Strawberry would be the 2nd runner up.
- Based on design: Blue and White Macarons. I love the shade of blue that they used on the blue macaron and I love the simple design of just having a cute bow on it. The white one can’t be missed on design as to having the Hello Kitty face on it.
- Both design and flavor: The blue macaron came out as the winner for having both delicious flavor and cute simple design.
At the time of this writing, we have not eaten the Hello Kitty Cookies yet. As soon as we get to eat them, I’ll try to post how they tasted. I’m hoping it’s as good as this one.
ASL 02.16.2019 (Tampa, FL)