Chicken Barbeque (Filipino Style)
Before grilling, we marinated 4 chicken leg quarters with the following ingredients:
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 lemon – squeeze all the juice out
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- a drizzle of salt
- 1/4 cup banana ketchup (yes, banana not tomato)
- 3 cups of sprite (yes, the soda!)
Let it sit overnight in the fridge then grill the following day.
Eat with rice and dip in spicy soy sauce vinegar.
Spicy soy sauce and vinegar (dipping sauce):
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 tablespoon sugarcane vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of dried chili pepper – or – use fresh chili pressed against into sauce using fork.
You can also drizzle the dripping sauce on the white rice.
ASL 03.04.2019 (Clearwater, FL)